Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: Grade 4 TA SCP 19-22 (£24,799 – £26,317 pro rata and term time only)
Contract: 27.5 hours per week (term time only) and Fixed term contract
Closing Date: Friday 31st January
Interview date: Thursday 6th February
We are seeking to appoint up to 2 Higher Level Teaching Assistants
The post will involve:
- Differentiating the curriculum to meet the needs of all children
- Planning and leading intervention
- Focussed work on a 1 to 1/small group basis with high focus pupils
- Liaising with teachers and parents
- Cover for short notice teacher absence
We are looking for someone with:
- The HLTA status or equivalent (or desire to work towards the qualification)
- Experience of teaching whole classes especially within KS2 and/or KS3
- A good understanding of SEND within a school setting
- Energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour
- The ability to use their initiative and be flexible
The school offers a positive working environment in a supportive friendly team which prides itself on the quality of its work. Alvechurch C of E Middle School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for this post are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting including a DBS disclosure.
If you would like to be part of our successful and thriving school and are willing to make an outstanding contribution to the community of our school, we would like to hear from you.
Visits are welcomed.