Cover Supervisor – Sports Assistant Grade 3-4
Start date: As soon as possible from Easter
Salary: TA 3/4 (depending on experience)
Contract: 32.5 hours per week, term time only + 5 TED days
Closing Date: Friday 20th March
We are seeking to employ a motivated and experienced practitioner to work in our School.
The successful applicant will have relevant qualifications, experience of working with children with differing needs and will join an existing team to support pupils. Part of the role will include Cover Supervision as well as being responsible for the delivery of some timetabled lessons. The salary for a suitably qualified candidate is negotiable for timetabled element.
Applications are invited from candidates who are enthusiastic, well organised and who can demonstrate their ability to be flexible and to use their own initiative. They will be passionate about sport and potentially have coaching qualifications and experience that will further enhance the outstanding sporting provision we have. We have experience of supporting employees in this role through to Qualified Teacher Status. The school is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children; a DBS check is a requirement of this vacancy and all experience will be fully referenced.
The post will involve:
- To work under the guidance of teachers and/or members of the school Leadership Team and within an agreed system of supervision.
- To support individuals and groups of pupils to enable access to learning. This could include those requiring detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas.
- To supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of the teacher. The main focus of such cover will be to respond to questions, assist pupils to undertake set activities and stay on task and maintain order.
- To support and run groups in PE/Games lessons and to provide extracurricular opportunities for pupils at lunchtimes and after school.
- Deliver support in PE/Games lessons as identified by the teacher of the group. This will include being responsible for groups of pupils as well as supporting individual pupils as identified
- To provide extracurricular opportunities for pupils at lunchtimes and after school where available
The school offers a positive working environment in a supportive friendly team which prides itself on the quality of its work. Alvechurch C of E Middle School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for this post are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting including a DBS disclosure.
If you would like to be part of our successful and thriving school and are willing to make an outstanding contribution to the community of our school, we would like to hear from you.
Visits are welcomed.