At Alvechurch C of E Middle School we are committed to keeping the children in our care safe. Safeguarding our pupils is at the core of everything we do and we work in partnership with Parents and other outside agencies to provide support for pupils and their families where it is needed.
Key contacts in school are:
Mrs Rancins – Designated Safeguarding Lead and Online Safety Lead – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Hipkiss – Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – email@example.com
Miss Shipley – Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Snell – Headteacher – email@example.com
Parents may find the following web links useful if they want to seek further advice on issues that may be affecting their child:
- Alvechurch CofE Middle School ~ Safeguarding Child Protection Policy 2023-24
- What parents need to know about social pressures linked to friends and followers Infographic
- Get_Safe_leaflet_for_parents (1) ~ Information leaflet
- Kooth.com – this is a site offering free, safe and confidential online counselling and guidance to pupils who may need support with anxieties and worries that they have.
- MindEd – MindEd for Families has online advice and information from trusted sources and will help you to understand and identify early issues and best support your child.
- Thinkuknow.co.uk – offering advice and guidance to parents and pupils about safety in the online world.
- NSPCC – The NSPCC is the UK’s leading children’s charity, preventing abuse and helping those affected to recover.
- Childline – Get help and advice about a wide range of issues, call us on 0800 111, talk to a counsellor online, sendChildline an email or post on the message boards.
- Worcestershire Safeguarding Childrens Board – advice and guidance on safeguarding issues and how to register concerns about a particular child or young person that you feel may be in need of protection or safeguarding.
- Safeguarding ~ Operation Encompass